Savoury chorizo, parmesan, sundried tomato and oregano scones
Starters and soups
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- 600g (20oz) self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 75g (2½oz) butter
- 75g (2½oz) parmesan (grated)
- 75g (2½oz) chorizo (chopped)
- 75g (2½oz) sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- approximately 450ml (¾ pint) milk
Make your own version of Coleton Fishacre's April scone of the month at home. The fresh flavours celebrate spring, and these scones are just the ticket after a day in the garden.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-assisted).
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the parmesan, chorizo, sundried tomatoes and oregano.
- Add the milk gradually to bring the mixture together.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approximately two inches in depth.
- Cut out and place on a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle the tops with parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and delicious.