Things to see & do
Make a day of it
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Visiting us as a group is easy. If you have a party of 15 or more, get in touch with us by email or on 01579 351346 so we can help you arrange the perfect day out for you and your party.
- Shamrock, our 1899 Tamar sailing barge on the quay
- Verdant woods and vast countryside
- The oldest domestic clock still in its original position
- Our 16th-century dovecote
- The Mother Orchard with traditional fruit tree varieties once grown in the Tamar Valley
- The embroidered history of Cotehele in the library
Hunt for bugs, build a den, take a barefoot walk and more as you complete our list of not-to-be-missed activities.
With over 1300 acres on the estate, Cotehele is a great place to do some of the 50 things in your 50 things scrapbook this summer.
The local community has loaned family treasures and personal items to Cotehele for a First World War exhibition. The display will rotate annually until 1918. This year’s theme is ‘1914 - Over by Christmas’.
It's time for a picnic
Pack some sandwiches, throw in a rug and head our way for a summer picnic. You'll find picnic tables in the meadow near the children's play area, benches with river views or quiet spots in the garden -- there's no shortage of perfect picnic spots here at Cotehele.