Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Devil's bit scabious is one of the longer-lasting flowers on the chalk grassland and can still be seen in abundance in Cradle Valley in October.
Hawthorn berries are one of the stable foods for our winter birds and their colour brightens the pathways after the leaves and flowers have gone.
- Lambs in spring time on Cradle Hill and High and Over
- Calves at Frog Firle Farm in spring and autumn
- The sunset over the river's meanders at Exceat
- A trip to one of the lovely local pubs
- Chalk figures of the White Horse, Alfriston and Long Man,Wilmington
- Ancient features such as Bowl Barrow and Lynchets at High and Over