This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Enjoy the breathtaking scenery
Discover Mam Tor
See the breathtaking view from the top of Mam Tor and visit the site of a settlement and hillfort dating back to the late Bronze Age and early Iron Age.
On a clear night you can see some 4,000 stars sparkling in our universe. Perfect for anyone unfamiliar with astronomy, this guide will introduce you to star gazing at Mam Tor.
Leave the car behind on this challenging and exhilarating walk that starts from Edale station and takes you high up on the windswept Kinder plateau, one of the great upland areas of the gritstone Dark Peak. Enjoy spectacular views across the Vale of Edale, explore mysterious rock formations and look out for a fantastic range of moorland wildlife.
Dark Peak Car Parks
- Mam Nick (National Trust members free, others Pay & Display) SK123832 - S33 8WA - cards only, cash not accepted
- Barber Booth, Upper Booth (free) SK 1075 8471 - S33 7ZL
- Bowden Bridge, Hayfield (not National Trust P&D) SK 0487 8692 - SK22 2ER
- Derwent Overlook (free) SK 1735 8900 - S33 0AQ
- Fairholmes (Severn Trent P&D) SK172893 - S33 0AQ