This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Coastal and woodland walks with superb views over the estuary and sea
- A captivating and rugged stretch of coastline with cliffs, beaches and traditional Devon farmland
- Long Wood is an ancient oak woodland along the River Dart, with amazing views towards the village of Dittisham
- Look out for the nationally rare cirl bunting and peregrine falcons and dark green fritillary butterflies along the rugged cliff-tops of Froward Point to Scabbacombe. You may also catch a glimpse of adders and common lizards
- There is a great spot for birdwatching at the Manslands wetland area
- At Woodhuish see the recently renovated 19th-century cider press, where there is also an organic farm with traditional breeds, such as North Devon cattle and Hebridean sheep
Saturday 21 March, 10am-12noon
Join the ranger team cleaning Mansands beach ready for the summer - whether you can spare 10 minutes or two hours, we’d love to see you. For the more adventurous, who can spare more time we can add in a coastal walk and you can help us to clean nearby Scabbacombe beach as well. Gloves and bags provided.
Call 01803 842382 for more information