Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Greenway's boathouse - the perfect place to spot kingfishers
- Scabbacombe Beach, a charming secluded cove off the coastal footpath
- Woodhuish Farm; a Victorian model farm with working cider press
- Froward Point, a Second World War battery and coastguard station
- Pudcombe Cove viewing point at the bottom of Coleton Fishacre garden
- Little Haldon, near Teignmouth, is 17.4ha of heathland filled with ling, bell heather and cross-leaved heath
- The riverside meadows at Bradley in Newton Abbot; a perfect place to walk the dogs
- Man Sands beach is just down the road from Coleton Fishacre, and the steep walk down to it is well rewarded at this quiet spot
South West coast video
This year is all about celebrating the South West coast.
It provides the backdrop to generations of family memories (bucket and spade holidays anyone?).
The coast gives us a connection to our island heritage and is home to a rich array of marine and coastal wildlife.
Watch the video above to see what makes the South West coast so special.
Where to walk?
Wherever you decide to walk around the English Riviera, it's sure to be beautiful.