Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Just five minutes from the car park, the meadow is at its most colourful. All the rare downland butterflies can be seen - the Adonis blue, Chalkhill blue and silver spotted skipper.
The south side of the Dyke Valley is a purple haze with Devil's bit scabious. The meadow near the car park is still a vibrant mix of colour.
The autumn light can produce spectacular sunsets over Fulking escarpment.
- The view through the valley to Saddlescombe farm
- The meadow in summer - a carpet of flowers and a haven for insects
- The hangliders when the wind is from the north
- A walk to historic Saddlescombe farm
- A walk through the woods in spring where bluebells and orchids thrive
- The sea of pink orchids in the valley in June