Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Take in the autumnal beauty and be inspired on a bracing cliff top walk this month. The gorse is still in flower and provides a vital source of winter nectar for birds and insects through the cold winter months.
Hoar frosts can be spectacular on the hawthorn at Summerdown, just south of the Dyke Valley.
Snow can transform the Dyke into a winter wonderland. Perhaps one of the best places sledge or even ski on the South Downs.
- The view through the valley to Saddlescombe farm
- The meadow in summer - a carpet of flowers and a haven for insects
- The hangliders when the wind is from the north
- A walk to historic Saddlescombe farm
- A walk through the woods in spring where bluebells and orchids thrive
- The sea of pink orchids in the valley in June