Things to see & do
On your way to the castle
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Dunstanburgh Castle is managed by English Heritage. There is a regular programme of events here: please check the English Heritage website for more details.
- Buy famous Craster kippers in the village
- Watch out for wading birds like oyster catchers, dunlin and redshanks
- The rocky outcrop on which Dunstanburgh Castle sits is the Great Whinn
- Marram and lyme grass grow on the sand dunes
- Look out for colourful wildflowers like the purple bloody cranesbill