Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
From specialist guided tours of life below stairs to festive Christmas events, family activities and living history, there is much to discover in our events programme.
- Breathtaking views across Exmoor and the Bristol Channel
- The log play area in the River Gardens
- The 17th-century stables and clatter of hooves
- The stables shop, for high quality gifts and local products
- The garden exhibition in the Keep Garden gazebo for a fascinating insight into the history of the gardens
A Christmas castle
Celebrate Christmas through the ages at Dunster Castle. Take in the smell of a 12ft Christmas tree, listen to festive carols sung by local choirs, and explore the house decorated as never before.
Open Nov and Dec weekends, 11am - 4pm
Visit the fully restored 18th-century working watermill located in our River Gardens. Set in peaceful surroundings by the river Avill it's a lovely spot to watch out for wildlife.
Alternatively pop along to the watermill tea-room for a cream tea or a slice of cake.
A starring role
See Dunster Castle's historic interiors in the recent series of Celebrity Antiques Road Trip, starring Deborah Meaden and Theo Paphitis.