Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
From specialist guided tours of life below stairs to family activities and living history, there is much to discover in our events programme.
- Breathtaking views across Exmoor and the Bristol Channel
- The log play area in the River Gardens
- The 17th-century stables and clatter of hooves
- The stables shop, for high quality gifts and local products
- The garden exhibition in the Keep Garden gazebo for a fascinating insight into the history of the gardens
Arrive in style aboard a vintage steam train on the West Somerset Railway. The Dunster Castle Express runs April - November every Wednesday and Saturday including coach connection from the station.
Visit the fully restored 18th-century working watermill located in our River Gardens. Set in peaceful surroundings by the river Avill it's a lovely spot to watch out for wildlife.
Watch the Watermill in action every first Wednesday of the month April - October.
A starring role
See Dunster Castle's historic interiors in the recent series of Celebrity Antiques Road Trip, starring Deborah Meaden and Theo Paphitis.