There are so many reasons to volunteer
- Meet people from all walks of life
- Use your energy and enthusiasm in a wide variety of roles across the property
- Try your hand at a variety of activities
- Learn new skills and gain valuable experience
- Stay fit and keep active, whatever your age
- Help us keep Dyrham looking beautiful for our visitors
- Interact with members of the public and help them enjoy their visit to Dyrham Park
Volunteer roles available at Dyrham
Here are some role profiles for a selection of current volunteer vacancies:
- Admin assistant/receptionist (pdf)
- Room guide (pdf)
- Weekend visitor experience assistant (pdf)
- Car park meeter/greeter (pdf)
To discuss any of these roles or others that are available, please call our Volunteer Co-ordinator, Bob Vaughan Jones, on 0117 937 1334 (Tuesdays and Fridays only) or email Bob.
We ask all of our volunteers to adhere to our values and service standards. You can read more about these here:
Our current volunteers share their thoughts...
'Since I've volunteered, I've learnt so many new things, met some fantastic people from all over the world and made many friends.' Veronica, volunteer room guide.
'It's great to be involved in a place with such a long history and to help keep it going.' Jan G, garden volunteer.
'I work with a really friendly team of people. It's very satisfying to be able to give something back in such a beautiful place, plus you learn so much about plants.' Kate E, garden volunteer.
'Coming to Dyrham has given me new interests and knowledge. I have made many friends and enjoyed lectures, outings, and holidays. Meeting and talking to so many visitors has always been fascinating.' Janet D, volunteer room guide.