Contrasting with the more rugged charms of the deer park, Dyrham's formal garden is a haven for anyone seeking a quiet stroll or beautiful place to relax and enjoy a picnic. For plant-lovers, there's an ever-changing kaleidoscope of colour and form to draw inspiration from, set against the backdrop of many mature trees, unusual shrubs and age-old landscape features.
A delight for the whole family...
- Take time to admire the amazing variety of plants and trees
- Benches and lawns provide places to rest and admire the surroundings
- Picnics are welcome throughout the garden
- Learn about the fascinating history of the garden on a free guided tour
- Enjoy a hot drink or bite to eat outside in the tranquil tea garden
- Be sure to visit the adjacent parish church of St Peter's, which dates back to 1280
- Take a look at our busy bee hives in Nicols' orchard
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow - just ask at reception
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.