Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Delicious food in the café
- The games box in the courtyard
- Fantastic events throughout the year
- The chance to get a bit muddy, jump in a puddle or climb a tree
- Pop into the information room to find out more
Wellington Monument in the Blackdowns
Even from the M5 it's easy to see the Wellington Monument, a 53-metre-high triangular obelisk erected to commemorate the Duke of Wellington's victory at the battle of Waterloo. It stands on the highest point of the Blackdown Hills.
The Quantock Hills are virtually unknown to those who don't live in the area, but they're like a mini Dartmoor or Exmoor. They're ideal for a day's hiking along the ridge, dropping down for lunch to a village pub in Holcombe, Kilve, Triscombe or Crowcombe. You may be lucky enough to see Roe deer or even stags in the rutting season.