Things to see & do
Explore and enjoy
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Help conserve a dry stone wall
Meet outside the tea-room on Wednesdays at 10am & bring stout boots, gloves and waterproofs (just in case!) Training is provided by the Dry Stone Walling Association (you must be over 16 years old).
Volunteering in the grounds
Love being outdoors and meeting new people? Help maintain the Hall's historic gardens and natural environment for everybody to enjoy. Get in touch by email.
Volunteering in the house
Do you have a love of historic houses and some spare time? Lancashire County Council's Museum Service are looking for more volunteers to help out at Gawthorpe Hall. For more info call 01282 771004.
- Take a stroll through the grounds around the Hall
- Marvel at the inspiring Shuttleworth textile collection
- Enjoy coffee and a slice of cake in the tearoom
- See the original 17th century panelling in the Drawing Room
- Tweet us about your day! @NTGawthorpe