Access for all at Gibside
We are keen to make it as easy as possible for all our visitors to explore Gibside. This is not always easy as we are an historic landscape, nestled into a hilly valley, however, here are some of the facilities and services we offer.
We have 14 easy access parking spaces for blue badge holders near the entrance of our new main car park, the first car park you reach when you arrive at Gibside. It has a level tarmac surface. These spaces are about 70 metres from visitor reception and the path there is 1:18 uphill. A wheelchair-friendly shuttle bus picks up and drops off from this car park every 10 minutes.
We have seven easy access parking spaces near the exit of our second car park. It has a loose gravel surface and the spaces are located on a slight sideways slope. These spaces are about 10 metres from visitor reception and the path there is 1:12 uphill.
Shuttle bus service
Powered mobility vehicles (Trampers)
Other easy access facilities
- We have an accessible toilet in our market place and at the Stables.
- We have two wheelchairs available to borrow for free.
- We have a powered stair climber at our Chapel for those who find it difficult to climb the steps.
- We have a lift at our Stables for those using the facilities upstairs.
- We have level access into our Potting Shed cafe via the shop.