Family camping weekend at Gibside
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Saturday to Monday, 17 to 19 August 2013
Give your kids a taste of the wild in a fun, safe environment and a rare chance to see the woodlands come to life after most visitors go home.
Pitch your tent for three days and two nights of family adventure and activities at the heart of the landscape park.
Our family camping weekends take place twice a year, once in May half term and once in the summer holidays. Each year they become more popular, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
We are very proud of providing a quality camping experience for every family. Your £60 pitch price includes:
- Three days and two nights at Gibside - arriving Saturday morning and leaving Monday afternoon
- Water on site for cooking and washing dishes (no drinking water on tap - bring your own or buy bottles on site)
- Clean portaloo toilets (no showers available)
- Gibside staff camping on site for your safety and questions
- Games and bushcraft activities for all the family to get involved in
- Live music, BBQ and bar (for parents) on Saturday evening
- Wheelbarrows to help you deliver your camping gear from car to the campsite and help with tent construction if needed
- Special offer on purchases from our farm shop, Gibside Larder, if you need to stock up on more milk, meat or other treats
If you have any questions or would like to book your pitch (places are limited), please contact us on 01207 541820 or email us.