Eating & shopping
The Tea House
Relax in the informal surroundings of Glendurgan Tea House and enjoy breakfast, morning coffee and cake, delicious lunches and afternoon tea. We've got changing daily specials, a wealth of fantastic local produce to use in our recipes and a great range of cakes and biscuits.
Find books, gifts, local food and quality souvenirs in the shop at Glendurgan. We often bring in new ranges but keep the old favourites for visitors of all ages.
Every purchase in the shop helps to keep Glendurgan amazing.
The plant centre
After exploring the garden find inspiration for your own plot in the plant centre.
We've got a range of plants specific to Glendurgan as well as changing seasonal plants to brighten up any garden.
Look out for practical and ornamental products to add interest to your garden. Step inside our shed shop for further inspiration.
Begin with breakfast
There's lots to explore at Glendurgan, even more if you choose to walk out into the coastal footpaths.
Begin the day with a tasty breakfast at the Tea House. We have daily newspapers and great Fairtrade tea and coffee to give your day the best possible start.
From freshly made sandwiches or baked potatoes to a tasty dish from a range of daily specials, you can enjoy a tasty, leisurely lunch at Glendurgan
We use the best of local Cornish seasonal produce to give you a real flavour of this special part of the world.
Time for tea
After a walk around the garden and maze at Glendurgan refuel with a pot of tea and a delicious selection of cakes and biscuits all made here at the Tea House.
All our tea and coffee is Fairtrade and organic. We use Cornish free-range eggs in all our cakes and biscuits.
- Breakfast served from 10am each day
- Two home-made soups each day - both gluten free
- Sandwiches made fresh-to-order with a range of fillings
- Daily special dishes reflecting the seasons and Cornish produce
- Indulgent cakes and biscuits to go with Fairtrade tea and coffee
- Children's meals to fuel those journeys through the maze
- Local ice-cream including the Glendurgan a-maze-ing special
Lovely local food
We're lucky to have some great local food producers in this part of Cornwall, so it'll be no surprise to see chutneys and confectionary for sale in the shop.
Our closest supplier is only 36 metres away: Hattie's chutney from the Tea House here at Glendurgan.
Souvenirs from your visit
From reading up on the garden history to being reminded of our lovely maze every time you enjoy a mug of coffee, we've got souvenirs to reflect the spirit of Glendurgan.
Families love the wooden jigsaw of our maze complete with whimsy pieces.
The spirit of family entertainment at Glendurgan started when the Fox family planted the maze in 1833.
This continues today in the garden and in the shop where we have a range of traditional and modern games, books and activities for children of all ages.
Shopping at Glendurgan
- Browse through our range of Cornwall, gardening and wildlife books
- Take home a taste of Cornwall with our local food products
- Pick up a postcard to send to friends or family
- Buy souvenirs from Glendurgan including guidebooks, mugs and jigsaws
- Treat the children to traditional games, toys and activities
- Indulge in something sweet for the journey home
- Find quality kit for a day in the great outdoors
Plant centre bestsellers
- Metal ducks made from recycled oil drums - perfect for beside the pond
- Colourful tea-light holders to brighten up a dark evening
- Gardening gloves for him and her when the plants fight back
- Deadheading snips to help you keep your garden flowering
- Frost resistant terracotta pots - great for planting feature plants
Our range of plants for sale at Glendurgan is complemented by a selection of practical and ornamental features for your garden.
Our plants are grown in peat-free compost and every purchase from our plant centre helps keep our garden looking amazing.