This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
'A small peace of heaven on earth'
Look out for:
- South African plants sunning themselves on the entrance borders
- Exotic looking bananas and tree ferns around the small granite pond
- Plants with religious connections on the peaceful 'holy bank'
- Lovely old trees reaching for the heavens
- Our young apple trees in the recently planted orchard
- New Zealand native plants around the bamboo bridge
- The clipped cherry laurel maze on a slope in the middle of the garden
- Water flowing over dams, into ponds, through streams and into the sea
We'll give you a small map guide to help you find your way around this large garden, and if you'd like to discover more as you explore you can buy a guidebook for £3. Our information point is a great place to learn more about the history, conservation and plant collection either before or after your visit.