Things to see & do
Explore this special place
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
We're now busy planning another great events programme for next year. Don't forget to keep checking the Events page from early 2015 for details of upcoming events. In the meantime, why not check out our Activities page for ideas for making your own fun on your next visit.
Go car free this month and enjoy a care free coast walk through the countryside. Why not follow the South West Coast Path from West Bay to Charmouth? You can stop for lunch at the Anchor Inn at Seatown and use the X53 bus service to return to your start point.
Did you know...?
- The old stone track at St Gabriel's was once the main London to Exeter road
- It's estimated that the coastline was a mile further out in the Iron Age (4,000 years ago)
- Over 25 miles of footpaths crisscross the estate - paradise for walkers
- The soft cliffs to the east of Golden Cap are the top habitat in the whole country for invertebrates
- The estate has a very ancient landscape dating back to the 16th century
Our pick of 50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾ activities to experience this season:
- Find a geocache - there are several on the estate
- Build a den - shelter from the cold in your cosy den
- Go star gazing - cold and clear nights are ideal
- Explore inside a tree - there are lots of ancient trees with crevices
- Play in the snow - even Dorset gets some now and then
We're on Facebook. Been exploring the estate? Trying some 50 things activities at the weekend?
Share your photos of things you've got up to or the wildlife you've seen - we love to hear from you.
Our rangers post regular updates so it's a great place to get all the latest news.
Fancy getting out for some fresh air after the festive season? Follow some of the spectacular South West Coast Path which runs through the estate. Bright blue skies provide far-reaching views along the Jurassic Coast.
If walking isn't your thing, how about running, following a smugglers' trail or hunting for geocaches?