Things to see & do
Explore this special place
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Our next event is a brand new one for 2014 - an afternoon and evening of festive family fun in the fresh air this December. Planned activities for this Christmas event at Stonebarrow are still being decided. You can find all the latest details on the Events page.
Go car free this month and enjoy a care free coast walk through the countryside. Why not follow the South West Coast Path from West Bay to Charmouth? You can stop for lunch at the Anchor Inn at Seatown and use the X53 bus service to return to your start point.
Did you know...?
- The old stone track at St Gabriel's was once the main London to Exeter road
- It's estimated that the coastline was a mile further out in the Iron Age (4,000 years ago)
- Over 25 miles of footpaths crisscross the estate - paradise for walkers
- The soft cliffs to the east of Golden Cap are the top habitat in the whole country for invertebrates
- The estate has a very ancient landscape dating back to the 16th century
Our pick of 50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾ activities to experience this month:
- Find a geocache - there are several on the estate
- Catch a falling leaf - on a woodland walk at Langdon Hill
- Eat an apple straight from a tree - from the orchard at Shedbush Farm
- Explore inside a tree - there are lots of ancient trees with crevices
- Cook on a campfire - soon the evenings will be too chilly
We're on Facebook. Been exploring the estate? Trying some 50 things activities this autumn?
Share your photos of things you've got up to or the wildlife you've seen - we love to hear from you.
Our rangers post regular updates so it's a great place to get all the latest news.
The Golden Cap Estate is definitely best explored on foot, from walking and running to following a smugglers' trail or hunting for geocaches.
Early autumn is an idyllic time to follow some of the spectacular South West Coast Path which runs through the estate. Bright blue skies provide far-reaching views along the Jurassic Coast, and you can enjoy some spectacular sunsets.