Treat yourself or somebody special to a truly unique experience on board Gondola with a delicious picnic hamper (with or without champagne) from the nearby Bluebird Café at the pier.
This option is offered on our full lake cruises on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays, departing Coniston pier at 2.30pm returning at 4.15pm.
The picnic for two people includes:
- Thick cut granary sandwiches filled with hot-smoked salmon with lemon and dill mayo and local roast ham and damson chutney
- Cheese and sun-dried tomato tartlet
- Homemade fruit scones with butter, strawberry jam and clotted cream
- Assorted fresh fruits
- Large bottle of elderflower pressé
- Served in a traditional picnic basket with cloth napkins, crockery and glasses (to be returned to the crew at the end of the cruise)
Cost: £70 for 2 people or £90 for the champagne option (includes half bottle of Canard Duchene Brut)
If you book your afternoon tea cruise ticket online for a specified date, simply turn up with your ticket on the selected date.
If you buy the picnic cruise as a gift voucher for someone else ( i.e. for an unspecified date) then you or the recipient of the voucher will need to contact the booking office (015394 32733) at least three days before the required sailing to confirm the date of your cruise.
The crew will present you with your hamper on production of your voucher/ticket at the pier.
For special dietary requirements or changes to the set picnic menu, please call the Bluebird café directly on 01539 441649 (but please only after you have confirmed your sailing date with us to avoid confusion). Changes to the menu may incur extra cost.