Treat yourself or somebody special to a truly unique experience on board Gondola with a delicious picnic hamper (with or without champagne) from the nearby Bluebird Café at the pier.
This option is offered on our full lake cruises, Monday - Friday, departing Coniston pier at 2.30pm returning at 4.15pm.
The picnic for two people includes:
- Thick cut granary sandwiches filled with hot-smoked salmon with lemon and dill mayo and local roast ham and damson chutney
- Cheddar ceese and sun-dried tomato tartlet
- Homemade fruit scones with butter, strawberry jam, clotted cream and fresh strawberries
- Large bottle of elderflower pressé
- Served in a traditional picnic basket with cloth napkins, crockery and glasses (to be returned to the crew at the end of the cruise)
Cost: £75 for 2 people or £95 for the champagne option (includes half bottle of Canard Duchene Brut)
Please note this offer is only available by booking online.
When booking online you will be issued with a gift voucher for your picnic. You (or the recipient of the voucher) will need to phone the booking office (015394 32733) at least three days in advance to confirm the date of your cruise. Please note that places for picnics are limited on each sailing so book well in advance to guarantee your place. You will need to quote your voucher number at time of booking.
When you arrive for your confirmed sailing, the crew will present you with your hamper on production of your voucher at the pier.
For special dietary requirements or changes to the set picnic menu, please call the Bluebird café directly on 01539 441649 (but please only after you have confirmed your sailing date with us to avoid confusion). Changes to the menu may incur extra cost.