For all the family
Ham is a special place for families and there's always something to explore. There are house and garden trails to enjoy, as well as giant outdoor games to hire and free family art activities.
Throughout the year, we have lots of family friendly events, from spooky Hallowe'en half term fun to visiting Father Christmas in his grotto
Relax over a coffee while the kids colour in our activity sheets.
Family art fun
Visit the below stairs rooms and create an art piece inspired by your visit to Ham.
Hands-on below stairs
Complete your visit to Ham with a hands-on experience in our basement and see what it would have been like to live and work below stairs. You can visit these rooms with just a garden ticket.
Halloween half term
Kids go free
Join us this Halloween half term at haunted Ham House. Kids go free, so dress up in a Halloween outfit and enjoy the spooky fun...
Family ghost tours
Mon 27 - Fri 31 Oct, 4.30-5.30pm
Discover the ghostly goings on at Ham... find out about our ghost dog and the haunted step on the great stairs.
Family friendly information
- Baby changing facilities available, located by shop
- Hot water available for bottle warming
- High chairs available in the café
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats available in house
- Corridors in house are narrow so please leave pushchairs at house entrance
- Some plants in the garden are fragile so please leave balls and scooters at visitor reception