Ghost tours at Ham House and Garden
Latest update 28.05.2014 09:44
Reputed to be one of the most haunted houses in Britain, discover the ghostly tales scattered through the history of Ham House.
Visit Ham by night for an exclusive after-hours ghost tour led by one of our dramatic guides. The evening starts with light refreshments in our Orangery, followed by an atmospheric tour in the house and gardens.
Ham House is a Thames-side Stuart mansion which remained with one family for over 300 years. The house is haunted by Elizabeth, the Duchess, who spent the last few years of her life alone in the house and died in her bedchamber. As you wander through the darkened house, you may catch a scent of the rose petal perfume worn by Elizabeth or hear her footsteps as she creeps up the Great Stairs. You may even sense the strong, stale smell of tobacco as the ghost of the Duke enjoys his evening drink or see their King Charles Spaniel scurrying along the narrow corridors.
After-hours ghost tours in 2014:
- 25, 26, 31 Oct & 1 Nov, 6pm-7.30pm
- 25, 26, 29, 30, 31 Oct & 1 Nov, 7.30pm-9pm
- 5, 12, 19 & 26 Nov, 7.30pm-9pm
- 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 17 Dec, 7.30 – 9pm
- All tickets £22; includes refreshments
Family ghost tours in 2014:
- 27, 28, 29, 30 & 31 Oct, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
- All tickets £9.50; includes garden and basement entry
Call 0844 249 1895 to buy your tickets.