What to discover...
There are a host of rooms for you to explore on the ground and first floor. Highlights include the striking dining room which is home to a large collection of family portraits as well as the family silver, and the Hercules suite of rooms which also boasts the best view across the gardens.
- Relax in the Lady's Parlour where you can play records on the gramophone
- Tickle the ivories on the harpsichord shaped organ in the Great Hall
- Learn about the unconventional life of the enigmatic Emma Vernon in the dining room
- Discover the dark secret of the blue bedroom
- The magnificent Thornhill wall and ceiling paintings in the Great Hall
- Get a glimpse of some of the family silver in the dining room
- The delicate Angel bed in the blue bedroom
- The fantastic views of the garden from the Hercules rooms
- Our restored paintings of Emma Vernon and Henry Cecil in the dining room