Walking your dog
At over 400 acres, Hatchlands is an ideal venue to walk your four-legged friends. After leaving reception take the left path through the gate and follow the dog-markers into the open park. We'd love for you to explore the parkland with your dog, but please not the house, formal garden or the children's natural adventure area.
There are two dog-friendly walks here for you to choose from, you can find trail guides below and download the routes in a print-friendly PDF.
- The Long Walk (yellow way-markers) is 2.5 miles and about 60 minutes
- Wix Wood Walk (blue way-markers) is 1 mile and about 30 minutes
Tips for happy hounds
- Please keep to designated dog areas indicated by the way-markers
- Dogs are not allowed in the garden
- Please only allow well-controlled dogs of off their leads
- Poop-scoop bags are available to pick up at reception, just ask for one
- There are two poop-scoop bins close to reception and a third just outside the cobbled courtyard
- Please don't discard poop-scoop bags in the park
- It's best to keep dogs on leads when in fields of sheep or cattle
- Where there are calves, cattle may be very protective