Stay in a Borrowdale bothy
Watendlath bothy sits next to the tarn in the picturesque and quiet hamlet that shares its name. High in a beautiful valley, it offers superb access to the surrounding fells.
The bothy should be treated very much as a ‘stone tent’ so all your camping gear such as cutlery, plates, sleeping bags, and matches will be needed.
What to bring
The bothy has very basic facilities and does not include many of the essentials you will need.
• Single shower with lockable door
• 2 WCs in separate lockable cubicles with own wash hand basin.
• Cooking facilities – a four burner hob with grill powered by electricity
• Bunks – folding top bunks/ fixed lower bunks sleeping up to 6
• Extra bunks in the barn sleeping up to 9 (4 X 2 with single bunk, doubling as a bench)
• Drinking water
• Hot water: from an electric immersion heater and storage tank
• Wood burning Stove (initial supply of wood provided)
• Communal sleeping area/kitchen/lounge.
Please note: mattresses and cushions are NOT supplied – please bring your own.