Wilderness walk at Kedleston Hall
Explore the woodland and parkland of Kedleston Hall on this 2.5 mile walk.
1. From the car park, cross the lakes via the three arched ‘Adam’ bridge and immediately turn left. Follow the lakeside to the gate.
2. From the gate follow the finger posts to guide you through the countryside surrounding Kedleston Hall.
3. On leaving Haywood, follow the finger post past the old Woodyard and into Brackenwood – a mixed woodland with remnants of an old stone quarry at its eastern end.
4. On leaving Brackenwood, you will enter the North Park, where there are fine old individual oak trees – themselves relics of an earlier, more wooded landscape. Follow the main drive back to your starting point.
5. Look for trees, wildlife and flowers along the way, can you recognise them all?