House & fashion
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
House and home
- This year's fashion exhibition, The nature of fashion
- Find items transformed from natural fibres to catwalk fashion
- Our family trails around the house - discover Killerton's hidden past
- Try on replica costumes from history, with outfits for all the family
- The changing exhibition space in our study
- The family photos and personal stories
The nature of fashion
Join us as we launch our latest costume collection, The nature of fashion, tracing the developments of raw materials as they are stitched, dyed and printed to create beautiful garments.
The costume collection housed at Killerton includes men’s, women’s and children’s clothes and accessories. They date from about 1690 to the 1970s. Come and wander the annual exhibition, and try on replica costumes in the dressing-up room.
Paulise de Bush
Find out about Killerton's expansive costume collection, collected and donated by Paulise de Bush and displayed since 1978.