Facilities & access
- Free parking in main car park
- Designated coach and motorcycle parking in main car park
- Dogs under control on short fixed lead welcome in restaurant courtyard, park and woodlands
- Assistance dogs welcome in all areas
- Dogs welcome at Badbury Rings, Holt Heath, Eye Bridge and Pamphill Green. Please keep under control on a short lead near livestock
- Lavatories next to restaurant and in the kitchen garden (1.5 miles from house)
- Backpacks and large bags can't be taken into the house but you're welcome to leave them in the entrance hall
- Please don't wear sharp heels or muddy boots in the house owing to the fragile floors
- Garden tours available Wednesday to Sunday (March – October). Check tour times on the day (weather permitting)
- Suitable for school groups – please contact us at least two weeks before visiting
- Groups welcome – please contact us before visiting
- Shop and restaurant open daily all year (accessible to members and ticket-holders only) Please check opening times page for more information
- Signposted 1 mile, 2-5 mile walks and 5 mile plus walks
- Information points at Holt Heath, Badbury Rings and Eye Bridge
- Swimming and fishing at Eye Bridge
- Kite flying at Badbury Rings and Eye Bridge
- Wildflowers, butterflies, archaeology/history and bird watching on the estate
- Geocaching at Badbury Rings, Pamphill Green and Eye Bridge
Family & children
- Baby-changing and feeding facilities
- Woodland play areas
- Children’s trails
- Children’s lunches available in the restaurant
- Picnics welcome in gardens and on the estate
- Picnic sites at Eye Bridge, Badbury Rings and Pamphill Green
- Children’s / family guides
- Chest of children’s toys on South Lawn
- Children’s events throughout the year
- Infant hip-seats for loan in house
- National Trust Holiday Cottage at Pamphill Green (sleeps 4)
- Designated mobility parking in main car park, 30 yards to visitor reception
- Visitor reception at top of moderate slope
- Volunteer driven ‘leg saver’ transfer service from car park to house, shop and restaurant (subject to availability)
- 4 wheelchairs and 2 self-drive mobility buggies available for loan (subject to availability)
- Accessible lavatory in laundry courtyard
- Gardens and parkland feature gravel paths
- Level access to ground floor of house only (3 rooms accessible)
- Electric wheelchairs / mobility buggies aren’t admitted to house for conservation reasons
- House contains 97 steps from entry to attics
- Interactive virtual tour of house available
- Induction loop
- Braille guide
- Large print guide
- Level access to shop and restaurant
- Easy access to Eye Bridge, Pamphill, Badbury Rings, Holt Heath and forest
- NT car parks at Pamphill Green and Eye Bridge
- NT car park at Badbury Rings, additional charges on point-to-point race days
- Non NT car park at Holt Heath and forest
- Pamphill Green close to National Cycle Route 25
Discover how a great Dorset family turned a black-lead fortune into an Italian dream.
Enjoy over 40 acres of formal gardens including a Victorian fernery, Japanese gardens and a restored Victorian kitchen garden.
Let the kids run and explore the woodlands or take in the magnificent country mansion with its world-famous art collection.
Self-drive buggies or wheelchairs for loan
Feel positive about exploring the gardens with one of our mobility buggies and reach further than you imagined.
We have two self-drive buggies and four wheelchairs available to our visitors.
To reserve a mobility buggy or wheelchair for your visit call us on 01202 883402 (subject to availability).
Relax and enjoy a delicious meal or light lunch in the Stables restaurant or Coach House café. A large selection of hot and cold lunches are served from 12 noon to 2.30pm every day.
Join us for a delicious Dorset cream tea or refreshing tea and slice of cake.
Enjoy the outdoors by bringing a picnic to share with friends and family. There are plenty of benches around the gardens and parkland.
Looking for that perfect gift or souvenir? Our magnificent gift shop, nestled in the original kitchen building, has many local products including Corfe Castle beer and Moore's biscuits.
Take home a small piece of Kingston Lacy with our branded souvenirs including mugs, tea towels, jams, chutneys and more, or pick up a plant to nurture.