Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Unleash your inner historic detective on our Secret Symbols family trail in the abbey grounds (from 6 Jan).
Don't miss our outdoor sculpture exhibition Frozen World (17 Jan to 8 Feb) and Platinum, the new photography exhibition in the museum. In February you can join us for guided garden walks with the Head Gardener and the opening of 2 High Street, a traditional Lacock cottage.
Enjoy a walk through the abbey grounds and see early snowdrops. Throughout January, February and March carpets of spring flowers appear in the grounds, from snowdrops to crocus to daffodils.
Learn about spring flowers on a walk with our Head Gardener Sue Carter:
- 11 and 24 February, 11.30am to 12.30pm
Winter weekends at Lacock Abbey
Guided tours start at 12pm, 2.15pm and 3.15pm (45 minutes each)
During winter the first floor abbey rooms are closed, as we carry out important conservation work. You can see the abbey rooms via guided tours on weekends (limited tickets available on the day).
- The Great Hall is open Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 4pm (last entry 3.15pm)
- The abbey rooms will open again daily from Saturday 14 February
- Learn about the history of photography in the Fox Talbot Museum
- Wonderful buildings dating back to the 13th century
- The famous window, where the first photographic negative was taken
- Playtime in our cloister willow structure in the grounds
- Special events, family trails and outdoor music and theatre
- A picturesque village with shops, pubs and tea-rooms on every corner
- Our delicious full menu in The Stables tea-rooms
At The Stables tea-room you can tuck into our delicious winter menu or enjoy a sweet treat and hot drink.
The National Trust shop on the High Street sells beautiful gifts and cards, and 'trust' on West Street is an emporium of wonderful handmade art and crafts from the British Isles.