Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Our grounds and gardens are great places to go for a relaxed walk. All our paths are level and lightly gravelled.
Don't miss our new tree trail, highlighting the special trees William Henry Fox Talbot planted at Lacock Abbey. Find out facts about the trees and why he chose them.
William Henry Fox Talbot invented the photographic negative here at Lacock Abbey. He shared his world changing invention with the world in 1839.
We're celebrating the 175th anniversary of his announcement all through 2014, with special exhibitions in the Fox Talbot Museum, a new look for the abbey and special events.
- The brand new displays in the Fox Talbot Museum
- The new abbey room displays
- Wonderful buildings dating back to the 13th century
- The famous window, where the first photographic negative was taken
- Playtime in our cloister willow structure in the grounds
- Special events, family trails and outdoor music and theatre
- A picturesque village with shops, pubs and tea-rooms on every corner
- Our delicious full menu in The Stables tea-rooms