Our different types of group visit
We welcome many different types of group to the Castle every year; whether for a whole day or only a few hours, Lindisfarne is always worth a visit. Groups can visit the Castle all at once or in smaller parties, which we sometimes recommend during busy spells. Don’t forget the wonderful Gertrude Jekyll garden and the lime kilns.
Education Group Visits
We welcome school and higher education visits on Mondays (when open), Wednesdays, and Fridays in the afternoons. Please give us a call or email us to check as these time windows vary with opening hours and tides.
You can read through our information about Holy Island before visiting and print off our maps and aerial photos to help you when you are here.
Make a booking
If you are interested in making a group booking please get in touch so we can make arrangements. Call us on 01289 389 244 or by email.
- It is best to divide large groups up and spread your visit
- The Castle is a small building and can get busy in peak times
- Pre-booked groups of over 15 payers qualify for a 15% discount on admission
- If you are visiting other attractions on the Island, consider visiting the Castle in smaller parties
- There are snacks, ice creams, and hold and cold drinks available at the Castle, but no tea room.
- The main National Trust shop is in the village, but we do have a small retail desk in the Castle