The opening times for Lindisfarne Castle are dictated by the Holy Island causeway, which twice a day is covered by the sea. Our detailed opening times can be found by clicking the following link - please note the safe crossing times for the day you intend to visit.
If you do happen to visit or are planning a visit when the Castle is closed, you can still come onto the property and enjoy the Gertrude Jekyll garden, lime kilns and headland. There is also more to see on Holy Island.
- Please park in the car park, not in the village or by the Castle road
- Check the Castle is open before you walk up from the village
- Our opening times are displayed in the car park...
- and on signs on the road to the Castle
- Opening times are calculated to match the tides where possible
- Sometimes the Castle is open when the causeway is closed
- Please call us if you would like more details: 01289 389 244