The walled kitchen garden at Llanerchaeron
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Today we continue to work in the walled garden as they did nearly 200 years ago.
Our gardeners and dedicated team of volunteers ensure the garden produces the best quality fruit and vegetables throughout the year.
Our vegetables and fruit are grown in the protective environment of our walled gardens. Using the restored glasshouses and traditional methods we can grow a variety of fruit and vegetables all year round.
Here’s just an idea of what we’ll have in season and when:
- March - parsnips and turnips, Jerusalem artichokes, leeks, cabbages and purple sprouting broccoli
- April - asparagus, salad leaves, spring greens, broccoli, rhubarb, rocket, sorrel, spinach, rosemary and mint
- May - asparagus, salad leaves, elderflower, spring onions and shallots, spinach, rhubarb and strawberries
- June - salad leaves and onions, peas, radishes, broad beans, artichoke, aubergine, courgettes, new potatoes, sorrel, elderflower, rhubarb, apricots and raspberries
- July - beans (broad, runner and French), potatoes, peas, beetroot, broccoli, peas, artichoke, sorrel, fennel, garlic, onions, aubergine, courgettes, peppers, salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, blackberries, loganberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, gooseberries, raspberries, rhubarb, apricots, strawberries and herbs
Where to buy
Our produce is picked daily and is likely to be damp with morning dew so you'll know that you won't find anything fresher. Organically slow-grown, quality produce, it's food as it used to taste.
Our produce is sold in our shop (please check our opening times) and our offer varies from day to day. That’s the exciting part of shopping at Llanerchaeron.
There’s something growing in our garden all year round so just call in and see what’s we’ve got in store for you.
Fancy having a go yourself?
Download our grow your own leaflet for some handy tips from our gardeners.