Geocaching is an exciting high-tech treasure hunting game played worldwide in which GPS devices are used to locate hidden containers, called geocaches. The geocache trail around Longshaw is perfect for beginners and those who can't walk up among the higher moorlands. Participants can share their experiences online at www.geocaching.com.
- You will need a GPS device (or smart phone) - don't forget batteries or you could borrow a GPS unit from the Longshaw shop, call them for info on 01433 637 904
- Find our caches near you on www.geocaching.com (you will need to sign up)
- Choose a cache and enter the co-ordinates into your GPS
- Follow your GPS towards the spot - then use your wits to find it
- Fill out the log book and return the cache to its hiding place
- Log your find on www.opencaching.com or www.geocaching.com, and pick your next one!
- Try out our more challenging trails at White Peak and Dark Peak
A series of 15 National Trust geocaches have been placed around the Peak District for you to find. Follow the link below for all of our geocache coordinates, hints and information.
Please leave feedback in our geocache log books or at www.geocaching.com.