The orange route is a 10 mile circular route, starting in Marsden.
The yellow route is an 8 mile circular walk, again, starting in Marsden.
A circular walk round the base of Pule Hill, starting in Marsden village.
Whether you are new to the area or would like to walk in a friendly group, our guided walks are a great way to explore Marsden Moor on foot. With walks of varying lengths and difficulties all year round, there is something to suit everyone. Here are a few highlights from the 2014 programme:
- Marsden Meanders - a series of slow-paced walks perfect for walkers who are looking to extend their range
- Hidden Histories - short walks exploring the heritage and legends of Marsden
- Family walks - short walks suitable for all the family
- Challenge walks - our longest and hardest guided walks, not for the faint hearted!
- Themed walks - discover more about geology, wildlife and conservation of Marsden Moor
Walking groups are welcome to join our guided walks, but please let us know in advance. If you would like to arrange a guided walk for your community group or organisation please contact the Estate Office on 01484 847016.
Viewpoints on Marsden Moor
- From Buckstones you get a great view looking south across the estate
- Catch your breath at the top of Pule Hill and admire 360 degree views
- Walk along Millstone Edge and see across to Manchester and beyond
- Wessenden Head offers fabulous views down the Wessenden Valley
- Head towards Shooters Nab and see all the way down the Colne Valley