Joining from abroad
If you're interested in joining the Trust, but live in the USA, take a look at the Royal Oak Foundation. As our US membership affiliate, they help us continue our work through the generous tax-deductible support of members and friends by making grants towards our work.
More than 40,000 Americans already belong to the Royal Oak Foundation - are you one of them?
Royal Oak member benefits include:
- Free admission to properties of the National Trust and National Trust for Scotland
- The National Trust Handbook
- Three editions of the National Trust members' magazine
- Four editions of the Royal Oak newsletter
- Royal Oak also awards scholarships to US residents to study in Britain and sponsors lectures, tours and events in both the US and UK, designed to inform Americans of the Trust's work.
For more information, please contact the Royal Oak Foundation:
Postal address: The Royal Oak Foundation 35 West 35th Street, Suite 1200, New York NY 10001-2205 USA
Tel: +1 (212) 480 2889 Fax: +1 (212) 785 7234
Organisations in other countries
The National Trust for England, Wales and Northern Ireland has reciprocal visiting arrangements with heritage organisations in other countries. Members of these organisations are usually admitted free to National Trust properties on production of a current membership card.
There are 14 countries with similar organisations with whom the National Trust has reciprocal visiting arrangements for its members.