Enjoy members' only social events
- Social events?
Why not join us, the North Down and Ards Association of the National Trust?
The North Down & Ards Association is a vibrant and welcoming group for National Trust members, organising a wide range of year-round activities which make National Trust membership even more enjoyable and worthwhile.
The association’s activities raise funds to help our local Trust properties, such as Mount Stewart, Castle Ward and Rowallane Garden. We also sometimes contribute to special appeals such as the Queen Mother’s memorial garden. In recent years we have been able to donate at least £3,000 each year to help fund National Trust projects.
Some examples of this year’s events:
- The Lagan Valley with lunch
- Castlewellan with lunch
- Rowallane Garden with lunch
- The Gilnahir k Listeners
- Lord Craigavon
- The United Irishmen of County Down
- The Annesley Inheritance
- Clifton Street Cemetery with lunch
- Montalto House with lunch
- Lissan House with lunch
While raising money is an important part of what we do, the main purpose of all the events which the committee organise is to enable members to meet and socialise with other like-minded people. There is a wonderful fellowship within our association and many people have made new friendships. This is probably the most rewarding side of our activities.
To become a member of the North Down & Ards Association you must be:
- A fully paid-up member of the National Trust or the National Trust for Scotland, or the spouse or partner of a life member;
- A volunteer who holds a current National Trust Volunteer Card;
- An employee of the National Trust.
Current Annual Membership is £8
Contact: Mrs Margaret Curral - (028) 9042 4136