If walls could talk
The wallpaper in Mr Straw's House has been hanging since 1923, when Florence Straw redecorated the house - with the latest Sanderson designs - before the family moved in.
Nearly 100 years later, we take great care of these beautiful wallpapers. In early 2014 we called in a paper conservator from Britton & Storey to make some much needed repairs, funded by the Friends of Mr Straw's House.
How you can help
Every raffle ticket that we sell here at Mr Straw's House contributes towards projects like those above, ensuring our extraordinary home will still be here for generations to come - and you could win an amazing prize.
Becoming a member of the National Trust at Mr Straw's House is also a brilliant way to contribute - your membership helps support our work looking after special places like this so that you can enjoy visiting them.
Please ask for more details during your visit.
- Our 'Cries of London' painting collection has been cleaned and remounted
- The Edwinstowe picture in Florence's parlour has been cleaned
- Restoration of many paintings and pictures in the house
- Several woodworm treatments throughout the house and collection
- Rebuilding of the greenhouse
- Patching to Walter's bedspread
- Ceramic repairs
- Ongoing textile washing programme