Replanting the garden
With money raised by our dedicated fundraising group, the Friends of Mr Straw's House, our team of gardeners are about to embark on the ambitious task of replanting the borders in Mr Straw's garden.
The wallpaper in Mr Straw's House has been hanging there since 1923, when Florence Straw redecorated the house from top to bottom before the family moved in. As 90 years have passed, the wallpaper today is in need of important conservation work to keep it in as good a condition as possible, and this project is a high priority on our list.
How you can help
Every raffle ticket that we sell here at Mr Straw's House contributes towards projects like those above, ensuring our extraordinary home will still be here for generations to come - and you will be entered into a fantastic prize draw as well.
Becoming a member of the National Trust at Mr Straw's House is also a brilliant way to contribute - we receive money from the National Trust for every member we sign up, and in return, you gain entry to hundreds of National Trust properties to enjoy all year round.
Ask at reception for further details.
- Our 'Cries of London' painting collection has been cleaned and remounted
- The Edwinstowe picture in Florence's parlour has been cleaned
- Restoration of many paintings and pictures in the house
- Several woodworm treatments throughout the house and collection
- Rebuilding of the greenhouse
- Patching to Walter's bedspread
- Ceramic repairs
- Ongoing textile washing programme