We welcome groups at Mr Straw's House. As we are such a cosy property, the maximum group size is 24 people. Your party will split into groups of four, with tours leaving every 15 minutes. There is plenty to do for those waiting - we have exhibition rooms, gardens, a historic greenhouse with a cactus collection, a tea-room and a small shop. Call us on 01909 482380 to discuss your group's needs.
- Bookings must be made in advance
- Maximum group size of 24
- Groups of four begin a tour every 15 minutes
- Tours last around 45 minutes
- Please allow approximately 90 minutes in total
- Group admission is £6 per person
- Blyth Grove is not suitable for coaches - contact us for information on nearby parking
- We have a small tea-room with snacks and hot and cold drinks
- For freshly cooked hot meals, Clumber Park's restaurant is nearby
- Call us on 01909 482380 for more information or to make a booking
Included in your group price are guided tours of Mr Straw's House. Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers spend time with your group on each floor of the house, pointing out fascinating objects and talking about the Straw family and their lives.
Tours of the house last around 45 minutes, but please allow approximately 90 minutes in total to see the whole property.
East Midlands Talks Service
Would you like to hear all about Mr Straw's House, but can't get here? We can come to you! We have a team of volunteers throughout the East Midlands, who can come and talk to your group about Mr Straw's House, the National Trust, and much more. To find out about how to book a talk, or for more information, call us on 01909 482380.