Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Discover fascinating stories and see behind the scenes in our varied programme. Scale the servants' staircase to the attics, climb into the hay loft, or find out more about the parkland and wider estate.
Find the next walk, talk and tour dates on our events list.
- Join one of our behind the scenes tours
- Explore our adventure playground
- Stroll around the gardens and enjoy the lakeside walks
- Enjoy tea and cake in the Courtyard Café
- Take a walk up to Obelisk Lodge and enjoy the parkland
- Meet our friendly volunteers and discover hidden gems in the house
- Look out for Kingfishers and Woodpeckers by the lake
- Picnic in the secluded menagerie garden
We've everything from wobble dishes and totter beams to spring horses, sound rollers and wooden playhouses. Make sure you visit in May half-term to have a go on the new zip wire.
Meet the butler and housekeeper
Look out for the butler and housekeeper in traditional dress. See if you can beat them at the kind of games that Victorian children would have played and learn how servants lived at Nostell.
Dress up and make believe
Don't miss the chance to dress up in the servants' quarters of the house. Get all the family involved with Victorian smocks, hats, and overcoats to help you step into character.