This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Mon 2 March to Sun 31 May
10:30am - 3:30pm
We've been inspired by our current exhibition of paintings to create an art themed discovery trail.
Explore and enjoy the gardens in a slightly different way by finding the mini pictures in the garden and using the art box to create your own picture.
Don't forget to collect your sticker when you have completed the trail.
£1 per trail (normal admission applies)
Commencing Sat 28 March
10:30am - 3:30pm
Join us for a bit of practical gardening this Spring. Choose your own little fuchsia seedling to plant and then take it home to look after.
Bring your plant back on Sat 5 Sept to enter our fun flower show and competition for the chance to win a prize.
£1.50 per plant, including pot and compost
(normal admission applies)
Sun 3 May - Forest Forensics
Sat 6 Jun - Outdoor Artists
Sun 5 Jul - Fire & Shelter
Sat 1 Aug - Sensory Superpowers
Join our Ranger and explore Nymans Woods like never before. This action-packed adventure series is full of games and activities that will put all your senses to the test.
Suitable for children 8 years and over. 10am - 3pm, £20 per child. Bookings essential on 01444 405250.
- Children under 5 are free
- Single and multiple adult family memberships available
- Baby changing facilities available
- Gravel and grass paths throughout the garden
- Half portions and lunch boxes in café
- High-chairs available in cafe
- Picnics welcome in the garden (picnic tables also in carpark)
- Borrow a blanket or umbrella
- Shelter spots throughout the garden
- Free childrens' map and activities
- Pocket-money gifts in our shop
- Designated outdoor natural play areas (unfenced)
Visit us and collect your free activity scrapbook and tick off some of the 50 Things you’ve done in the great outdoors. Discover crazy creatures and have fantastic adventures.
Try these when you visit this spring
4. Build a den
31. Hunt for bugs
44. Go bird watching
49. Find a geocache
Keep the kids entertained with our:
- Spotter & activity sheets
- Trail in the House & 'Find Foxy'
- Borrow a magnifying glass
- Geocaching in woods & garden
- Borrow some binoculars
- Den building area
- Natural play - bamboo jungle, balance beams, roundhouse and a secret path
With family membership you can enjoy great adventures at many National Trust places and free car parking at countryside sites.
Both 1 and 2 adult family memberships available, just ask at reception.