This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Mon 1 June to Mon 31 August
10:30am - 3:30pm
We've been inspired by our current exhibition about the Messel family childhood to create a play themed trail.
Enjoy the gardens just like the family used to. Have a game of skittles or dominoes. We've also got skipping ropes, tee-pees, dressing up clothes and lots more for you to play with.
Don't forget to collect your certificate when you have completed the trail.
£1 per trail (normal admission applies)
Tales of Peter Rabbit & Benjamin Bunny - SOLD OUT
Sun 2 Aug 5pm- 7pm
(gates open at 4pm for picnics)
Quantum Theatre Company presents 2 tales following the adventures of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny into Mr McGregor garden.
Adult £12, Child £8, Family £37
(2 adults, 2 children)
child ticket is from 4-15yrs
under 3’s for free
Box office 0844 249 1895
(bookings fees apply)
Sat 1 Aug - Sensory Superpowers
Join our Ranger and explore Nymans Woods like never before. 10am - 3pm
This action-packed adventure series is full of games and activities that will put all your senses to the test.
Suitable for children 8 years and over.
£20 per child.
Bookings essential on 01444 405250.
- Children under 5 are free
- Single and multiple adult family memberships available
- Baby changing facilities available
- Gravel and grass paths throughout the garden
- Half portions and lunch boxes in café
- High-chairs available in cafe
- Picnics welcome in the garden (picnic tables also in carpark)
- Borrow a blanket or umbrella
- Shelter spots throughout the garden
- Free childrens' map and activities
- Pocket-money gifts in our shop
- Designated outdoor natural play areas (unfenced)
Visit us and collect your free activity scrapbook and tick off some of the 50 Things you’ve done in the great outdoors. Discover crazy creatures and have fantastic adventures.
Try these when you visit this summer
4. Build a den
24. Go on a walk barefoot
25. Make a grass trumpet
31. Hunt for bugs
44. Go bird watching
Keep the kids entertained with our:
- Spotter & activity sheets
- Trail in the House
- Borrow a magnifying glass
- Geocaching in woods & garden
- Borrow some binoculars
- Den building area
- Sculptures in the woods
- Natural play - bamboo jungle, balance beams, roundhouse and a secret path
With family membership you can enjoy great adventures at many National Trust places and free car parking at countryside sites.
Both 1 and 2 adult family memberships available, just ask at reception.