Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Art workshops: what you said
- 'Excellent art class with an inspiring teacher'
- 'Lots of useful help and advice - very generous with her tips of how to achieve quick effects'
- 'Absolutely splendid! We learnt such a lot. I would thoroughly recommend her'
- 'Art class very relaxed and informative'
Take a look at our unusual collections
Overbeck's has thousands of artefacts in its care. Beetles and butterflies, turtle shells and armadillo handbags, tin soldiers and china dolls; these are just a few of the many wonders on display.
Many of these objects can now be viewed online.
Otto's successful invention the rejuvenator made him a rich man and enabled him to purchase his place in the sun. Find out more about this slightly wacky piece of equipment.
- Pick up a self-guided garden trail from the conservatory
- Join one of our tours around the garden and museum
- Choose from a selection of children's trails and quizzes
- Find the secret door and hunt for Fred the friendly ghost
- Play the American organ or listen to the Polyphon in the museum