A garden of secret delights
With stunning views and shady corners, the gardens at Plas Newydd are a delightful blend of intimacy and grandeur.
From the Italianate terraces to the Australasian arboretum, we have some of the most intriguing plant collections in the British Isles.
Walks and talks
Join our gardeners for a series of entertaining and instructive talks in the gardens at Plas Newydd.
- 10 June - The edible garden
- 2 July - Bees and pollinators
- 6 August - The poisonous garden
All walks and talks start at 2pm.
There are lots of hidden sights around every corner in the gardens at Plas Newydd.
We don't want you to miss any of them so we've put together a list of our favourite spots for you.
Get walking and enjoy some fresh air on a sunny winter's day.
There are great walks around Plas Newydd and our nearby land, taking in mountain views and the varied wildlife on the Strait.
Things to do in an hour
- Follow the Terrace Garden waterfalls from source to sea
- Find the billabong in the Australasian Arboretum
- Have a game of croquet
- Spot the Nelson Monument near Britannia Bridge
- Record a red squirrel sighting
- Have a game of Frisbee Golf in Dairy Wood
- Spot the fossils in the house stonework
What if it's raining?
- Catch the buggy between the car park and house
- Take a break in the coffee shop
- Shelter under the crook with great views over the Menai Strait
- Get your wellies on and splash in the puddles
- Browse in the second-hand bookshop
- Climb up to the tree house
- Do some bird spotting from the Church Bank Wood hide