Perfect for families
- Ponds, flowers and vegetables – Spot fish in the ponds as well as other wildlife; smell the flowers and visit our garden to see what's growing.
- Wilderness walks – Follow the route through the woods and look out for bird and bat boxes; what other wildlife and bugs can you spot around the grounds?
- Activities in the garden – Take a '50 things' trail around the grounds; they're free and available from our garden kiosk.
- Play games on the croquet lawn – The lawn's an open space for fun and games with slopes nearby to roll down.
- Children's trail – try our 'spot-the-flower' challenge in the castle.
- Baby-changing and toilet facilities – They're located under the ballroom and below the bookshop
- Food and drinks – Children's meals and lunchboxes are available from the restaurant as well as snacks from the shop.
Kids love picking their own colourful lunch box in the restaurant, and choosing which healthy and delicious snacks they’d like to put in it. They can enjoy their lunch either inside or in the picnic area outside.
Lady Henrietta’s in the courtyard or Lady Violet’s in the garden?