Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
There are plenty of fun things going on at Red House throughout 2014. This Summer In our orchard a collaboration between Red House and the Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, will see a series of short residencies by artists and writers as a catalyst for new work. Come and meet them.
During half terms and holidays children can have fun looking for the hidden wombats around the house on our Wombat trail. Morris and his friends were obsessed with wombats and Burne Jones drew one in his Drawing Room wall paintings. You'll have to find that one too to win the prize.
- £1 per child.
- Previously undiscovered pre-Raphaelite Genesis wall painting in Morris's bedroom
- The recently conserved Burne-Jones paintings and the astonishing newly revealed decoration around them
- The bright colours of the hall ceiling decoration which was cleaned recently
- Exhibition of the original Philip Webb house plans
- The 'smiley face' painted on the ceiling during Morris' time