Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
There are plenty of fun things going on at Red House over Christmas. The house is decorated with hops and lavender just as William Morris would have used. Our Olde Father Christmas tells stories of Christmas past, Mummers plays, Morris men and carols singers all make for a Christmas to remember.
- Previously undiscovered pre-Raphaelite Genesis wall painting in Morris's bedroom
- The recently conserved Burne-Jones paintings and the astonishing newly revealed decoration around them
- The bright colours of the hall ceiling decoration which was cleaned recently
- Exhibition of the original Philip Webb house plans
- The 'smiley face' painted on the ceiling during Morris' time
- The last few days of 'The Beautifullest Place on Earth' exhibition