Things to see & do
Places to discover
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The panoramic views from St Anthony Head - crane your neck right to see up the Carrick Roads and over the water to Pendennis Castle and Falmouth
- Curlew calls echoing across the creeks - the Roseland is a great birding spot
- Sunrises over the sea while you stroll along Towan beach in the early mornings
- Exploring rockpools at low tide at Porthcurnick beach - post photos of your discoveries on our Facebook pages
- Carne Beacon, one of Cornwall's largest Bronze Age barrows, reputedly the final resting place of the Cornish King Gereint
- Peregrine falcons high up above your head at St Anthony
- How many butterflies you can spot along the cliff paths
Top picnic spots
Hemmick is the perfect beach for sandy sandwiches, with easy parking just up the lane in Penare car park.
Carne and Pendower
Bring your picnic blanket and eat on the sand dunes.
At low tide you can walk right along the beach...
Enjoy the wooded creeks here.
A short walk followed by a picnic.
Walk down from the car park to see the sweeping views of Falmouth harbour.