Group visits and tours are available daily at discounted prices (minimum 15 people). Join one of our experienced garden team for a tour or explore at your own leisure.
The garden, created by Reverend John Moore in the mid-1860s, contains a treasure trove of unusual plants from around the world and interesting stone ornamentation which helps sculpt this informal landscape.
Hugh Armytage Moore, continued his uncle’s work from 1903, mixing exotic species with native plants, giving the garden a dramatic atmosphere.
For more information or to book please contact us via email or by calling 028 9751 0131
Who better to learn about Rowallane from than our in house experts, the gardening team?
Let our gardener take you through the history, variety and quirks of this informal space and the two men who created it, the Reverend John Moore and his nephew Hugh Armytage Moore.
Tours are available daily but pre booking is required. Bespoke tours are also available; please enquire at time of booking.
The Rowallane café offers hot and cold refreshments, homemade scones as well as light lunches such as soup with wheaten bread or a choice from our sandwich selection.
The café can also cater more specifically for your group’s needs - just ask for a copy of our group catering menu when you book.
Pre booked catering is recommended.
The Rowallane gift shop is the perfect place to pick up a memento of your visit.
As well as post cards and sweets we also stock a range of local interest books, items for the garden and Rowallane's own honey.
Whether you are after a gift or just a treat for yourself be sure to pop in for a look.
Group benefits and facilities
- We reccomend allowing at least 2 hours for your visit
- Coach parking is available in our main carpark
- Pre book your tour and catering
- Make the most of your day, and visit one of our neighbouring properties.
- Visit our onsite potter and watch him at work - or why not purchase a unique piece of Rowallane to take home?
- A mixture of grass paths and unpredictible weather means we would always reccomend a sensible choice of footwear.
- Special package rates can be provided on request for half day and full day tours including refreshments.