Facilities & access
- Please note Saddlescombe farm has only limited opening, there is no parking in the farm.
- Buildings are only open during Open days and booked visits.
- Café is open March till December – seasonal closing times.
- The South Downs Way runs through Saddlescombe Farm and Newtimber Hill.
- There is a campsite for cyclists and walkers. Open April – September.
- Dogs are welcome, but must be kept on leads where signs indicate livestock are grazing.
Family & children
- Newtimber Hill is a great spot for a picnic, or just letting the kids run free. There are some spectacular views of the Downs.
- Visit on Open days and there will be treasure hunts, pigs, and a whole variety of children’s games.
- Newtimber Hill has steep paths and stiles
- There are two benches situated on Newtimber Hill, offering superb views across to Devil's Dyke
- Saddlescombe Farm has rough, uneven tracks but is suitable for most wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- One accessible toilet for café users only.
- Access to the Donkey Wheel is over two stiles.