Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Early autumn is a great time to catch the last of the wierd and wonderful fungi that lurk in Newtimber woods.
The green woodpecker is a common sight on the downs but never fails to delight. December is a great time to see it hunting for ants - as long as the ants nest aren't frozen.
If it snows the top of Newtimber becomes a bleak but awe inspiring place.
- Our busy open days with a whole host of activities and demonstrations
- A cream tea at the Hiker's Rest café
- A walk through Newtimber's ancient woodland
- A walk on Newtimber in August when the hill is alive with butterflies
- A circular walk to Devil's Dyke and back
- Newtimber in autumn when the hill is purple with devil's bit scabious