Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Take a walk through Newtimber's ancient woodland to see bluebells galore. The open downland brings you the first spring flowers and first birdsong of the year.
The Adonis blue butterflies start to emerge later on this month - see them on the open downland. Earlier on, the woodland leaves unfurl to reveal a gorgeous luminous green canopy.
High summer sees a variety of orchids bloom on the open downs. The woods offer a cool retreat on a hot day and a chance to find our largest and oldest tree - the large leave lime.
- Our busy open days with a whole host of activities and demonstrations
- A cream tea at the Hiker's Rest café
- A walk through Newtimber's ancient woodland
- A walk on Newtimber in August when the hill is alive with butterflies
- A circular walk to Devil's Dyke and back
- Newtimber in autumn when the hill is purple with devil's bit scabious