This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
There are loads of reasons to visit us during the summer months. To start with there's lots of space to picnic on the Plain, opposite visitor reception. You can also borrow one of our large garden games and pick up a quiz sheet from visitor reception, and start exploring the estate.
They all scream for ice cream! We've plenty of treats for your family in the Granary Restaurant, including kids' meals, or treat your kids to some soft-scoop ice cream from outside the gift shop.
You don't have to leave the family dog at home. Bring Fido along on his lead and explore the estate together. (Unfortunately dogs aren't allowed in the formal gardens.)
Are you up to our 50 things to do before you're 11¾ challenge? Start ticking them off your list at Sissinghurst Castle. You can bring along your kites and fly them on the Plain, hunt for bugs, spot wild birds from the bird hide, try out our swing and find the crocodile in the lake. Discover the full list of outdoor adventures on our 50 things website.
- Children's quiz/trail available from visitor reception
- Young explorer packs, from visitor reception
- Baby-changing facilities in the lavatories
- Baby back-carriers on loan from visitor reception
- Picnic on the Plain's tables and benches opposite visitor reception
- Children's menu in the Granary Restaurant
- Soft scoop ice cream by the gift shop