This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Why not borrow a pair of binoculars, from visitor reception, and try your hand at species spotting? We've an array of butterflies and wild orchids to identifiy. Spot wild birds from our bird hide too.
You don't have to leave your family dog at home either, bring fido along on a lead and enjoy our estate walks together, unfortunately he won't be allowed in our formal gardens though.
There are loads of reasons to visit us during the summer months. To start with there's lots of space to picnic on the Plain, opposite visitor reception. You can also borrow one of our large garden games and pick up a quiz sheet from visitor reception, and start exploring the estate.
Are you up to our 50 things to do before you're 11¾ challenge? Start ticking them off your list at Sissinghurst Castle. You can bring along your kites and fly them on the Plain, hunt for bugs, spot wild birds from the bird hide, try out our swing and find the crocodile in the lake. Discover the full list of outdoor adventures on our 50 things website.
- Children's quiz/trail available from visitor reception
- Young explorer packs, from visitor reception
- Baby-changing facilities in the lavatories
- Baby back-carriers on loan from visitor reception
- Picnic on the Plain's tables and benches opposite visitor reception
- Children's menu in the Granary Restaurant
- Soft scoop ice cream by the gift shop