Eating & shopping
What we offer
- The tea-room is licensed to serve alcohol - enjoy a glass at a show
- Our sandwiches are made on-site by Jane, our expert sandwich-maker
- We're told that we sell the finest crisps in the region - Kent crisps
- We have gluten-free options, please ask for details
- We also have freshly made soup with a wedge of chunky bread
Shopping at Smallhythe
We're very happy to say that we have a recently new shopping area located in the café, with a wide range of gifts from jams and biscuits to home gardening equipment, definitely not one to miss while you're enjoying a cup of tea.
The café isn't the only area to find gifts and goodies though. On our visitor reception desk, you can find lots more interesting things, including beautifully woven silk scarfs. Not one to miss. Please feel free to ask behind the desk for all that we have to offer. Happy shopping.
Our secondhand book stall
Various visitors and volunteers often kindly donate their secondhand books so be sure to have a leaf through and see if anything takes your fancy. Or if you have any books that you would like to donate then please let us know, we would be hugely grateful. All the money raised from our secondhand books goes towards the important conservation of Smallhythe Place.