Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Located under the cow byre, you can find our shipbuilding exhibition which delves into the history of Smallhythe Place during it's shipbuilding days.
This fascinating work dates as far back as the 13th Century, at which time Smallhythe was seen as one of the most significant shipyards in Medieval England.
Take a look in the the Barn Theatre on Tuesdays at a video with unseen material brought to life by the voices of Dame Eileen Atkins and Charles Collingwood. Showing at 2pm on Tuesdays, the film is an hour and fifteen minutes long, for any more information please call 01580 762334. .
- Upcoming events in the barn and in the garden
- Shipbuilding exhibition, learn about Smallhythe's early history
- All book lovers should check out our large collection of second-hand books
- Great walks through the garden, up to the church and the public footpath next to the stream
- Our new range of gifts in the café