Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
24 August, 7pm
The Pantaloons put their own unique and hilarious twist on Shakespeare's romantic tale of shipwrecks, sorcerers and silly servants.
Expect lots of music, magic and mayhem in one of the Bard's best-loved plays - in the open-air where it belongs.
With a great variety of music and lots of beers and ciders to choose from, plus a BBQ and wine tent, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at our Music and Beer festival on the 30 August.
The Musicians will include, Orfila, Rachel Cummins Band, Blair, Pass the Cat Duo, Rabbit Foot, The Brooke Sharkey Band and The Dani Clay Band, music starts at 1.30pm and the drinks start flowing from 11am.
£8 for advance tickets, £10 on the day.
A new exhibition comes to the Barn Theatre, a video with unseen material and brought to life by the voices of Dame Eileen Atkins and Charles Collingwood. On most days throughout opening, please call ahead on 01580 762334 if you would like to check the running times and days.
- Upcoming events in the barn and in the garden
- Shipbuilding exhibition: explore Smallhythe's early history
- All book lovers: check out our large collection of second-hand books
- Great walks through the garden, up to the church and the public footpath next to the stream
- Our new range of gifts in the café